Дуусах огноо: 2021-01-18 18:00:00
Зарласан огноо: 2021-01-08
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES –FIRMS SELECTION)
EXPORT DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: P147438
Assignment Title: ESTIMATING ILLICIT TRADE ON EXPORT AND RECOMMENDATION ON THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE CURRENT SITUATION EMPHASIZING ON THE CHINESE AND RUSSIAN BORDER PORTS
Reference No.: CS-2-24/20
Date: January 08, 2021
Mongolia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Export Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the following:
1. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of this assignment is to accurately quantify the nominal estimate of the illicit trade in Mongolia in respect to the GDP and to recommend on the improvement of the current situation emphasizing on the Chinese and Russian border ports.
2. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The consultant firm will carry out the following:
• Study and write a report on the current state of illicit trade and customs seizures and border control violations in Mongolia.
• List all the freight forwarding companies in Mongolia and rank them in accordance with their income statement. Collect the last 3 years of trade data and illicit trade data from at least 5 major freight forwarding companies.
• Perform a sample survey through individual traders at the main border ports such as Altanbulag, Zamyn-Uud and Buyant-Ukhaa.
• Work with the Mongolian Customs on their last 3 years of trade and seizure data and build up a projection.
• Examine the public customs data from other 5 major trading partner countries and compare their customs claims with Mongolian customs data.
• Manage, integrate, and analyze disparate data from diverse sources and make projections in respect to the GDP.
• Discuss data collection method and data analysis with industry related professionals from governing bodies (Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Department of Tax, Mongolian Customs, General Agency for Specialized Inspection, Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry etc.) about the accuracy of the data collection.
Study international best practices on the illicit trade with similar country to Mongolia
Write a recommendation on the improvement based on the international best practices.
Write a final illicit trade report in English and Mongolian.
Required stakeholders for the roundtable meetings:
Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Department of Tax, Mongolian Customs, General Agency for Specialized Inspection, Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and other related parties.
The key deliverables will include the followings, but not limited to:
1. Detailed work plan and study methodology
2. Draft report on the current state of the illicit trade and customs seizures and border control violations reviewed by PIU.
3. Data collection on the last 3 years of customs trade data and sample surveys from the 3 main border ports, illicit trade data from the 5 major freight forwarders and publicly accessible customs data from 5 other major trading partner countries.
4. Data analysis report on the last 3 years of customs trade data, illicit trade data from the 5 major freight forwarders and publicly accessible customs data from 5 other major trading partner countries reviewed by stakeholders’ roundtable discussions and accepted by PIU.
5. Final illicit trade report
4. CONSULTANCY TIMELINES
The contract duration is 4 months after signing the contract and an estimated person-months (PMs) for the assignment is 16 PMs. The consultant work is expected to commence in February 2021 and complete in June 2021.
The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
• In the last 3 years, the consulting firm should have completed at least 3 management and research services contracts in the field of statistics, evaluation, quality control, financial auditing, or relevant areas.
• The consulting firm should demonstrate its experience and knowledge of the business management and research services by listing contracts (including description, value, year of commencement, year of completion, client, and contact person for reference).
• Proven ability to conduct field surveys.
• Proven competence to make concise reports and presentations.
• The consulting firm/firms should have the below specialists as a minimum requirement for the entire assignment:
• Team Leader -1
• Researcher - 3
• Team Leader -1 (key expert, 4 person-months) will have overall responsibility to 1) manage the team to identify potential and collaborate with major freight forwarders; 2) oversee professional and quality delivery of all deliverables in a timely manner; and 3) keep frequent dialogue and feedback with a project team. Specific tasks include but not limited to: a) Responsible for producing final deliverables of research and strategic development; b) Lead and monitor the team of key experts and researchers; c) Monitor the team members’ work plan, develop weekly and daily progress reports and report the progress to the relevant authorities; d) Organize the stakeholder’s roundtable meetings; e) Present the work to the project team; f) Work in regular coordination with client organization on a proposal that is developing; g) Conduct multi-stakeholder consultations;
• Minimum Qualification Requirements:
a) Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, or other relevant fields.
b) At least 10 years of research experience in statistics, economics, social development, and relevant field is required.
c) Proven ability to develop research design, survey sampling, data collection, data management and processing.
d) Strong organizational, interpersonal/communication, presentation, and written skills.
e) Ability to lead a team with a sound work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and exceptional client service.
f) Ability to structure and manage intensive workloads.
g) Ability to utilize proven and industry recognized methodologies in analyzing and redesigning business process and related regulations.
h) Fluency in English language.
• Researcher - 3 (key expert, 4 person-months each) will have responsibility to his/her own dedicated data collection, processing and analysis appointed by a team leader and assist a Team Leader for the project by conducting the research project: 1) Collect a variety of data from multi-stakeholders; 2) Cleanse aggregated; 3) develop event recommendation; 4) develop multiple data modelling and data regression; 5) deliver of all deliverables in professional and timely manner; and 6) keep frequent dialogue and feedback with a team leader and researcher. Specific tasks include but not limited to: a) Responsible for producing final deliverables of dedicated events’ research and strategic development; b) Support organizing the stakeholder’s roundtable meetings; c) Present the work to the stakeholder meeting; d) Economic impact analysis of each events and of competing events worldwide; e) Determining economic impact indicator of events; f) Conducting field survey and collecting data; g) Conducting market research; h) Summarizing survey and research; i) Writing meeting notes of stakeholder meetings; j) Other assigned works from Team Leader.
• Minimum Qualification Requirements:
a) Graduate or Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Economics, or research fields and other relevant fields.
b) At least 2 years of experience in economics, social development and relevant field is required.
c) Strong organizational, interpersonal/communication, presentation, and written skills.
d) Ability to lead a team with a sound work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and exceptional client service.
e) Must be a worthy team player, dedicated to contributing toward the outcome desired by the team.
f) Ability to think analytically.
g) Ability to structure and manage intensive workloads.
h) Fluency in English language.
CVs shall not be required in the Request for Expression of Interests (REOI) stage and shall not be evaluated during evaluation of Expression of Interests (EOIs). CV and copy of educational diplomas and professional certificates are required to prove appropriate qualifications and skills among required staff with first-ranked consultant’s technical proposal.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 [revised July 2014] (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection based on the Consultant’s Qualification method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information and the detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions of interest must be sent to all the emails indicated below by January 18, 2021, 1800 hours, due to COVID restrictions, as extended.
Export Development Project
Attn: Ms. Mandukhai U., MOFALI officer
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|1.||Зөвлөх байгууллага сонгон шалгаруулж авна|
EDP/PIS/23 Ажлын байрны зар - Экспортын зах зээл судлаач (дахин зарлагдаж байна)
EDP/PIS/22 Ажлын байрны зар - Санхүүгийн ажилтан
EDP/PIS/21 Экспортыг дэмжих төслийн ажлын байрны зар (сунгагдсан)
EDP/PIS/20 Экспортыг дэмжих төслийн ажлын байрны зар (сунгагдсан)
EDP/PIS/19 Ажлын байрны зар
EDP/PIS/18 Үнийн санал авах урилга (Маркетингийн компаниудад)