EDP/PIS/17 Зөвлөх сонгон шалгаруулж авна (хугацаа сунгасан)
Дуусах огноо: 2021-01-18 17:00:00
Зарласан огноо: 2021-01-08
Mongolia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance the implementation of the Export Development Project (EDP). The objective of the project is to support Mongolian SMEs in the non-mining sectors to strengthen their export capabilities and expand their access to export market. Under the Project, The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry is seeking to recruit the qualified national individual to carry out following duties for the Project.
AND DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR AGRICULTURAL COMMODITY EXCHANGE TO SUPPORT EXPORT OF AGRICULTURAL RAW MATERIALS (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
E. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Main purpose of this project is to identify the current and future state of the agricultural commodity exchange, to conduct a gap analysis on the commodity exchange and to develop a strategic planning for the agricultural commodity exchange to bridge the gap.
F. SCOPE OF THE WORK
The consultant will carry out following:
1. Analysis of the feasibility study on the Agricultural Commodity Exchange conducted in 2012 (the study will be supplied)
2. Analysis of the current state (Nadler-Tushman model of Gap analysis is recommended)
3. Analysis of future state (best case studies)
4. Gap Analysis between the current and future states
• Market potential
• Organizational structure (membership & management)
• Products and services evaluation (trading procedure, margin requirement, fees, and charges)
• Legal framework analysis (procedures for monitoring and tracking the performance of its members and their behavior with clients in the market)
• Statistical analysis on commodities (meat, milk and dairy, cashmere, wool, and fine hair)
• People capability
• Business Process (warehousing, clearing, settlement and other process of the commodity exchange)
• Current capitals (equipment, software, infrastructure etc.)
2. Development Strategy and Action Plan
1. Strategic plan for bridging the gap
• Strategic direction
• Business opportunities
• Risk evaluation and risk mitigation plan
• Legal framework improvement
• Commodity Exchange platform (assessment on the current platform, world leading platforms and gap analysis)
• Action plan with budget
• Ideal organizational structure options with job descriptions of the business functions
• Recommended organizational format of the entity
3. Roundtable meetings
1. Meeting 1 - Discussion about findings of the current and future state evaluation analysis with all stakeholders
2. Meeting 2 - Discussion about gap analysis with MOFALI, Agricultural Commodity Exchange and PIU
3. Meeting 3 - Discussion about Strategic plan and organizational structure with all stakeholders
Required stakeholders for the roundtable meetings:
Herders and its cooperation, Agricultural brokers cooperation, Meat processing factories and its cooperation, Cashmere and wool factories and its cooperation, Leather factories and its cooperation, Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry (MOFALI), Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MNCCI), Mongolian Commodity Exchange (MCE), National Development Agency (NDA), Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and other related parties.
4. Results and recommendations of this assignment to be based on international best practices and be feasible to implement. The results and recommendations of the analysis and strategic plan will constitute the basis for the decision makers on development of the agricultural commodity exchange
G. QUALIFICATIONS/ SELECTION CRITERIA
The selection criteria to assess the technical capacity of the consultant includes the following:
An advanced university degree (PhD) in International Trade, Economics, Agribusiness, or related areas.
1. At least 10 years of relevant experience in research and analytical work in international trade, development economics, agribusiness, or related areas.
2. At least 3 year of work experience with relevant government bodies including MOFALI and Statistics.
3. At least 3 years of technical experience in development of the country specific analysis.
4. At least 3 year of proficiency in GAMS language and modelling experience with GTAP datasets.
5. Proven research and publication in international trade, economy, agribusiness, investment, or related areas.
6. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to dialogue with diverse stakeholders to create consensus around issues and capable of working in public service environments.
a. Effective time management and organizational skills to ensure qualitative outputs under strict deadlines.
b. Strong (written and oral) command of English.
H. CONTRACT DURATION
The contract duration is 4 months after signing the contract. Estimated person months is 4 person-months. The contract is expected to commence in December 2020 and complete in April 2021.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014). The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank’s Guidelines, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit following documents:
1. Cover letter indicating why you consider yourself suitable for the position,
2. Detailed CV highlighting relevant skills/experience,
3. Copy of diplomas or certificates and,
4. 2 reference letters from last two employers in a sealed envelope to the below email addresses, no later than January 18, 2021, 17:00 hours, as extended.
Further information and the detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained from email@example.com.
Incomplete applications would not be considered and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
Export Development Project
Attn: Ms. Mandukhai U., MOFALI officer
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com