Дуусах огноо: 2021-03-15 17:30:00
Зарласан огноо: 2021-03-04
Environmental Impact and Social Safeguards
Mongolia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance the implementation of the Export Development Project (EDP). The objective of the project is to support Mongolian SMEs in the non-mining sectors to strengthen their export capabilities and expand their access to export market. Under the Project, The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry is seeking to recruit the qualified national individual to carry out following duties for the Project.
A. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of this consultant is to ensure compliance with the World Bank Safeguards Policies and EDP project safeguard instruments on the triggered safeguards policies as specified in the ESMF. The Consultant will form part of the PIU in an intermittent basis and provide technical assistance to the MOFALI to ensure the project complies with the environmental and social requirements of the project.
B. SCOPE OF THE WORK
Key responsibilities of consultant will include the following, but not limited to:
1) Manage the environmental and social safeguards work plan for the project to identify resource requirements, timelines, milestones, budgets, bottlenecks, and align project-related safeguards tasks with the PIU’s project work plan.
2) Establish and Manage the Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) for the Project and prepare detailed processes for receiving, managing, recording and closing out complaints, grievances and other project-related feedback and ensure the GRM is well-publicized during all consultations and communications.
3) Train PIU staff, key stakeholders, contractors/client SMEs and consultants on use of the GRM.
4) Record all grievances and complaints received and report them to the World Bank; ensure close out within expected timeframes and assist with resolving difficult grievances.
5) Assist and advise the MOFALI and Mongolian Re in carrying out environment and social management screening on SME/beneficiary proposals, as deemed necessary.
6) Review and evaluate proposals from the SMEs. Manage the quality and timeliness of the work to ensure compliance and adherence to the World Bank, Government Agency and EPA standards. Provide technical review.
7) Prepare written notice documents and/or recommendation letters to the SMEs/beneficiaries on the assessed and disputed proposals. Detailed assessment report on addressing argument or recommendation may be required;
8) Prepare and develop the handbook to the MOFALI and Mongolian Re to screen the Environmental Screening Questionnaires; assess the Environment and Social Management Plan, and the Monitoring Plan;
9) Ensure that the SMEs/beneficiaries a) Environmental Management Plan; and b) Monitoring Plan meet the requirements of the ESMF;
10) Monitor implementation of the environmental and social safeguard related activities of the Project and submit periodic progress reports to the PIU Project Coordinator and MOFALI.
11) Prepare environmental and social impact assessments, social assessments, environmental and social management plans, abbreviated resettlement action plans, environmental audits and other requirements as part of project implementation on an as needed basis.
12) Provide technical assistance or advice for the SMEs, beneficiaries for fulfilling the environmental requirements stipulated in project ESMF;
13) Review and update the environmental and social safeguard sections of the Project Implementation Manual as required throughout the life of the project.
14) Manage responses to environmental or social safeguard related incidents and major non-compliance issues, safeguards instruments, National laws and/or World Bank Safeguards Policies.
15) Actively contribute to PIU team meetings, project progress, decision making and other tasks relating to effective delivery of the project’s safeguards related work.
16) Provide timely advice to the Project Coordinator and key project stakeholders on any major environmental and social safeguards-related issues for which urgent measures are required.
17) Develop and maintain a safeguards capacity building plan for the project. Provide ongoing training, awareness raising on project safeguards, policies, and instruments.
18) Contribute to the implementation of the project for all 3 components on reviewing TORs for any technical assistance funded by the Project to ensure the safeguard policies and instruments are adequately covered, review subproject proposals in terms fulfilling the ESMF requirements. Review and comment on outputs / deliverables, as deemed necessary.
19) Supervise contractor and review contractor’s Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) and supervise implementation of the ESMP for physical investments if needed. This may involve site visits and training site supervisors to undertake environmental and social monitoring and spot checks.
C. QUALIFICATIONS/ SELECTION CRITERIA
· Education: A suitable candidate should have preferably a relevant graduate degree such as in environmental science, environmental engineering, planning or similar relevant discipline.
· Experience: Incumbent should have at least 7 years relevant professional experience, with preferably 5 years hands-on experience on preparing of impact assessments and the implementation of management plans, and applying World Bank safeguard policies or equivalent development partner policy implementation.
· Language skills: Fluent written and spoken skills in English and Mongolian;
· Other skills:
a. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment;
b. High professional and personal integrity, and ability to function independently without follow up.
c. Be proficient in PC based applications such as Word, Excel and data management, and have excellent web research and navigation skills;
D. CONTRACT DURATION
Contract will be for a period of 12 months in an intermittent basis, and subject to extension upon satisfactory performance.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014). The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank’s Guidelines, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit following documents:
1. Cover letter indicating why you consider yourself suitable for the position,
2. Detailed CV highlighting relevant skills/experience,
3. Copy of diplomas or certificates and,
4. 2 reference letters from last two employers in a sealed envelope to the below address, no later than March 15, 2021, 17:30 hours.
Incomplete applications would not be considered and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
Attn: Ms. Mandukhai U.
Floor 6, Room 605, the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry
Government Building 9a, Enkhtaivan Avenue 16a, Ulaanbaatar-13381, Mongolia, Phone: 261908.
|1.||Ажлын байрны зар|
EDP/PIS/23 Ажлын байрны зар - Экспортын зах зээл судлаач (дахин зарлагдаж байна)
EDP/PIS/22 Ажлын байрны зар - Санхүүгийн ажилтан
EDP/PIS/21 Экспортыг дэмжих төслийн ажлын байрны зар (сунгагдсан)
EDP/PIS/20 Экспортыг дэмжих төслийн ажлын байрны зар (сунгагдсан)
EDP/PIS/19 Ажлын байрны зар
EDP/PIS/18 Үнийн санал авах урилга (Маркетингийн компаниудад)