Дуусах огноо: 2021-04-15 17:30:00
Зарласан огноо: 2021-04-02
Mongolia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance the implementation of the Export Development Project (EDP). The objective of the project is to support Mongolian SMEs in the non-mining sectors to strengthen their export capabilities and expand their access to export market. Under the Project, The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry is seeking to recruit the qualified national individual to carry out following duties for the Project.
EXPORT MARKET ANALYST (National)
A. Objective of the assignment
The main objective of this consultant will be responsible for export market research and market intelligence by gathering and evaluating, analyzing information in the target domestic and foreign market with the objective of identifying market opportunities and constraints.
B. Scope of works
Key responsibilities of Export Market Analyst will include the following, but not limited to:
1) Plan and coordinate project activities relevant to export market analysis and assessment of technical assistance needs of the client SMEs.
2) Carry out preliminary market research and market intelligence, identify potential markets and products, and obtain trade statistics.
3) Assess targeted markets and examine consumption and production of competitive products, as well as overall demographic and economic trends in the target country or the target domestic market.
4) Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls and gather data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions.
5) Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies.
6) Determine agricultural sector’s export potentials and carry out periodic forecast of market and sales trends of agricultural and non-mining sectors, analyze data.
7) Based on the analysis of export potential and regular market forecast, draw conclusions and provide policy recommendations to the MOFALI when necessary.
8) Closely work with Corporate policy and planning department of MOFALI and prepare periodic analytical reports and interpret, present data results to MOFALI, PIU, and clients SMEs.
9) Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports.
10) Draw appropriate terms of reference for procurement of expertise for export market analysis under the project.
11) Directly supervise and monitor the technical outputs and contracts of international and national consultants relevant to in-depth export market studies and market intelligence and the results of thereof.
12) Prepare implementation reports for various project stakeholders such as World Bank, MOF, MOFALI, PSC and PIU as required.
13) Such other tasks as may be assigned and/or delegated by the Project Coordinator and Project Director.
C. Qualifications/Selection criteria
· Education: A suitable candidate should have preferably a relevant undergraduate/graduate degree such as BA/BSc/MA/MSc in statistics, international trade, economics, production engineering, or MBA;
· Experience: Incumbent should have at least 5 years relevant professional experience, with 3 years hands-on experience related to the responsibilities specified above;
· Language skills: Fluent written and spoken skills in English and Mongolian;
· Other skills:
a. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment;
b. High professional and personal integrity, and ability to function independently without follow up.
c. Ability to utilize proven and industry recognized methodologies in analyzing data, strong math and analytical skills and multitasking capability;
d. Be proficient in statistical software as well as in PC based applications such as Word, Excel and data management, and have excellent web research and navigation skills;
D. Contract duration
The consultancy work is expected to commence in April, 2021. Contract will be for a period of 12 months.
The above consultants will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014). If you possess the above qualifications, please submit following documents:
1. Cover letter indicating why you consider yourself suitable for the position,
2. Detailed CV highlighting relevant skills/experience,
3. Copy of diplomas or certificates and,
4. 2 reference letters from last two employers in a sealed envelope to the below address, no later than April 15, 2021, 17:30 hours.
Incomplete applications would not be considered and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
Attn: Ms. Onon Z.
Floor 6, Room 605, the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry
Government Building 9a, Enkhtaivan Avenue 16a, Ulaanbaatar-13381, Mongolia, Phone: 261908
|1.||Ажлын байрны зар|
EDP/PIS/23 Ажлын байрны зар - Экспортын зах зээл судлаач (дахин зарлагдаж байна)
EDP/PIS/22 Ажлын байрны зар - Санхүүгийн ажилтан
EDP/PIS/21 Экспортыг дэмжих төслийн ажлын байрны зар (сунгагдсан)
EDP/PIS/20 Экспортыг дэмжих төслийн ажлын байрны зар (сунгагдсан)
EDP/PIS/19 Ажлын байрны зар
EDP/PIS/18 Үнийн санал авах урилга (Маркетингийн компаниудад)