Дуусах огноо: 2021-07-05 17:30:00
Зарласан огноо: 2021-06-22
Mongolia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance the implementation of the Export Development Project (EDP). The objective of the project is to support Mongolian SMEs in the non-mining sectors to strengthen their export capabilities and expand their access to export market. Under the Project, The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry is seeking to recruit the qualified national individual to carry out following duties for the Project.
A. SCOPE OF THE WORK
The consultant will perform following detailed tasks, but not limited to:
1. Carry out integrated legal, legislative, regulatory, and/or related factual research and projects on behalf of the MOFALI and the PIU of Export Development Project; prepare interpretive reports based on research findings, and recommends appropriate solutions or actions.
2. Research and/or review key export policies and practices, Productive Partnership Scheme (PPS) procedures, manual, documents, contracts, both existing and proposed, to identify potential legal problems; make recommendations for policy, procedure, or legislative changes, as appropriate, under the administrative direction of Project Director and Project Coordinator.
3. Review all the draft contracts, including PPS contract drafts, ensure contracts are compliant with the World Bank Procurement Guidelines, the Project Implementation Manual and Mongolian Law if the need arises
4. Advocate and support MOFALI and the PIU in all contractual disputes (the Project and PPS contracts), litigation and/or other trial-related matters, to include assistance with trial research, preparation, and presentation; drafts pleadings and discovery responses, prepares affidavits, gathers and organizes evidence and other information; drafts position statements or briefs for such proceedings.
5. Work directly with PIU staff on all contractual disputes and litigation cases.
6. Assist MOFALI and the PIU in the preparation of negotiated agreements and settlements with commercial, governmental, and administrative entities, employees, members of the PPS and/or members of the NGO.
7. Provide training and professional expertise to other paralegals (World Bank policies and procedures including procurement, Mongolian Law and Legislation including Public Procurement Law and other countries’ export and import law and legislations relevant to the Project implementation), and/or provides direction and guidance to PIU staff on specific issues, as appropriate.
8. Undertake continuing education, and remains abreast of current legal issues and trends, as required to maintain appropriate standard and influence successful project implementation within the Project development objective.
9. Provide operational guidance and leadership to technical staff in area of specialty.
10. Analyze, interpret and draw inferences from research findings, and prepare reports.
11. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties to support the Project activities from the legal point of view as assigned by Project Coordinator and Project Director.
The consultant will provide following key deliverables:
1. Detailed work plan with list of activities upon contract signing;
2. Monthly and quarterly reports reporting the progress of the outputs within the above scope of work;
3. Yearly report within 10 days of first month of the year.
4. Final Ad hoc analysis, investigation, interpretive reports, researches, reviews and recommendations provided by MOFALI and the PIU’s demands within 10 days of first month of each quarter.
5. Any other deliverables reasonably requested by the PIU and MOFALI.
C. CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATIONS/SELECTION CRITERIA
The consultant should have the following skills and/or experience:
• Bachelor degree in Law; master or higher degree is preferable
• Certification/Licensure National accreditation as a Certified Lawyer;
• At least 8 years’ experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• At least 5 years’ experience on litigation, and legal contract, agreement, settlement procedures and documentation.
• At least 3 years’ experience and knowledge of principles, procedures, and standards for drafting a range of complex legal documentation in area of expertise.
• Advanced working knowledge of legal research principles, methods, techniques, and resources.
• Knowledge of current and emerging developments and trends within area of project implementation.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex legal information to senior staff of Ministries and the Project.
• Strong investigative and problem resolution skills.
• Fluent in written and verbal English and Mongolian
D. CONTRACT DURATION: The consultancy work is expected to be with a man/hour term for 12 months commencing in July, 2021 with possible extensions based on the consultant’s performance.
The above consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014). If you possess the above qualifications, please submit following documents:
1. Cover letter in MONGOLIAN indicating why you consider yourself suitable for the position,
2. Detailed CV in MONGOLIAN highlighting relevant skills/experience,
3. Copy of diplomas or certificates and,
4. 2 reference letters from last two employers in a sealed envelope to the below address, no later than July 5, 2021, 17:30 hours.
Incomplete applications may not be considered and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
Attn: Ms. Onon Z.
Floor 6, Room 605, the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry
Government Building 9a, Enkhtaivan Avenue 16a, Ulaanbaatar-13381, Mongolia, Phone: 51-261908
EDP/PIS/33 Хэрэглэгчийн хүсэл сонирхол, хууль тогтоомжийн шаардлагад тулгуурлан Монголоос тариалангийн бүтээгдэхүүн экспортлох зах зээлийн судалгааг гаргах зөвлөх үйлчилгээ үзүүлэх байгууллагыг сонгон шалгаруулж авна
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EDP/PIS/32 Экспортын баримжаатай хүнсний бүтээгдэхүүнийг экспортод гаргах шаардлагууд болон зах зээлийн судалгааг гаргах зөвлөх үйлчилгээ сонгон шалгаруулж авна
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EDP/PIS/31 Ажлын байрны зар - Сургалт, экспо хариуцсан зөвлөх
EDP/PIS/30 Ажлын байрны зар - Хуулийн зөвлөх (Дахин зарлагдаж байна)
EDP/PIS/29 Ажлын байрны зар - Хөдөө аж ахуйн бирж /ХААБ/-ийн агуулахуудын сүлжээний хөгжлийн төлөвлөгөө болон байршлыг оновчлох загвар боловсруулах зөвлөх сонгон шалгаруулж авна /хугацаа сунгасан/
EDP/PIS/29 Ажлын байрны зар - Хуулийн зөвлөх