Дуусах огноо: 2021-09-27 17:30:00
Зарласан огноо: 2021-09-14
Mongolia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance the implementation of the Export Development Project (EDP). The objective of the project is to support Mongolian SMEs in the non-mining sectors to strengthen their export capabilities and expand their access to export market. Under the Project, The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry is seeking to recruit the qualified national individual to carry out following duties for the Project.
CS-2-23/21: “NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT RESEARCH AND ASSESSMENT OF THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF E-COMMERCE IN MONGOLIA AND PROVIDE PROPOSALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND REGULATION OF E-COMMERCE”
(Study the legal environment of e-commerce in domestic and international markets, identify the optimal solutions for the challenges of the current e-commerce system and develop a strategic plan for e-commerce development.)
I. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of this consultancy service, per the requirements above, is to study the current situation of domestic and international e-commerce markets, future trends, opportunities and challenges, and legal environment, to propose alternatives for supportive, non-overlapping, and compatible e-commerce systems and to develop recommendations to regulate key legal issues effectively and efficiently.
II. SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will carry out the following tasks, but not limited to:
Task 1. Study and identify the current situation, future trends, opportunities, and challenges of e-commerce in international and local markets:
1.1. Study and identify the current situation of e-commerce in international markets, future trends, opportunities (specifically, Mongolia’s participation in the international e-commerce market), and challenges;
1.2. Analyze the current situation of the e-commerce sector in Mongolia by different types (B2C, B2B, B2G, C2C, and others), study and identify future trends, development needs and requirements, and challenges.
Task 2. Study e-commerce system and legal environment in domestic and international markets:
2.1. Study and define the current legal system for e-commerce in Mongolia;
2.2. Assess the legal documents regulating e-commerce in Mongolia and their implementation and outcome;
2.3. Conduct a comparative study of e-commerce legal system in foreign countries;
2.4. Study the regulation and best practices of the legal environment for e-commerce internationally, especially in countries with similar economic development to Mongolia.
Task 3. Propose optimal e-commerce system for Mongolia and possible solutions to the challenges, and develop recommendations for rational and effective regulation of e-commerce issues, based on the results of studies mentioned above:
3.1. Identify optimal e-commerce system for Mongolia including main principles and roles and responsibilities of stakeholders, and develop recommendations;
3.2. Develop optimal solutions to the challenges in the e-commerce industry, identify the best alternatives by comparing their pros and cons, benefits and impacts;
3.3. Address the issues in the e-commerce industry that require legal regulations and develop a proposal on how to manage them effectively and efficiently. The following issues must be addressed:
i) An electronic signature, electronic contract, agreement,
ii) Consumer rights protection,
iii) Dispute resolution,
iv) Information confidentiality,
v) Combating cybercrime,
vi) Introduction of a unified e-commerce registration system,
vii) Delivery and logistics infrastructure,
viii) Electronic payments.
Task 4. Propose a strategic plan for the development of e-commerce in Mongolia and its use for export:
4.1. Study international e-commerce and relevant legal regulations;
4.2. Strategic plan proposal for developing Mongolian e-commerce industry;
4.3. Develop a strategic plan for the use of e-commerce for export.
Task 5. Conduct training and discussions with relevant parties:
5.1. Organize discussions with key stakeholders including relevant governmental and non-governmental organizations, obtain their comments and suggestions and reflect them in the research work. Representatives of the following organizations are required to participate in the discussion:
• Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry;
• Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs;
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
• Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
• Communications Regulatory Commission;
• Authority for Fair Competition and Consumer Protection;
• Mongolian Customs General Administration;
• Representatives of commercial banks;
• Representatives of university professors and researchers;
• Mongolian bank association;
• Representatives of enterprises;
• PIU representatives.
5.2. If necessary, according to the research work and results, provide training to stakeholders.
Based on the contracted assignments and detailed contract implementation plan approved by the Client, the national consultant shall submit the following deliverables. All deliverables will be subject to review and approval of PIU and MOFALI:
i. Detailed work plan, research methodology,
ii. Research report determining the current situation of e-commerce in international and domestic markets, e-commerce system and legal environment;
iii. Research report determining the most suitable e-commerce system in Mongolia and developing a proposal to address the current issues in the e-commerce industry that require legal regulation;
iv. Proposal of a strategic plan for the development of e-commerce in Mongolia and its use for export;
v. Final and summary report of the above research (both in English and Mongolian), introductory presentation of the research work (ppt.)
Submissions should not overlap with the previous studies in the field.
IV. CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Education: Master’s or higher degree in a relevant discipline – trade, economy, business administration, law;
- At least 15 years of work experience in law, trade, and international trade;
- In the last 5 years, the consultant should have completed at least 3 similar research services;
- The consultant should demonstrate its experience and knowledge of the e-commerce consultancy services by listing contracts (including description, value, year of commencement, year of completion, client, and contact person for reference); Ability to provide 2 quality acceptance letters/reference letters regarding approval of deliverables’ quality for the services provided to previous clients
- Have an excellent understanding of Mongolian e-commerce industry, relevant laws and regulations;
• Language skills:
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both Mongolian and English;
• Other skills:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal/communication, presentation, and writing skills;
- Sound work ethic;
- Ability to organize and manage intensive workloads;
IV. CONTRACT DURATION
The consultant is expected to commence working effectively from October 2021 on a full-time basis. The duration of the assignment is 5 months.
The above consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014). If you possess the above qualifications, please submit following documents:
1. Cover letter in MONGOLIAN indicating why you consider yourself suitable for the position,
2. Detailed CV in MONGOLIAN highlighting relevant skills/experience,
3. Copy of diplomas or certificates
4. 2 reference letters from last two employers
5. Checklist of i) compliance to Section 4: Consultant’s qualification requirements all the requirements, ii) your strengths and iii) your weaknesses Template for the checklist can be provided to the applicant upon request to email@example.com.
All of above five documents will be submitted in a sealed envelope to the below address, no later than September 27, 2021, 17:30 hours. Incomplete applications may not be considered and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
Attn: Ms. Delgermaa S.
Floor 6, Room 605, the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry
Government Building 9a, Enkhtaivan Avenue 16a, Ulaanbaatar-13381, Mongolia, Phone: 51-261908
(please send your application to all email addresses by combining all documents into one PDF file)
|1.||Монгол Улс дахь цахим худалдааны хууль эрх зүйн орчны судалгаа, үнэлгээг хийх дотоодын зөвлөх|
CS-2-12/21 International consultant to undertake market intelligence studies for specific market segments such as Adventure tourism (for backpacker/over-lander markets, EU market, USA market, Asian markets) and recommend potential tourism products
CS-2-15/21 Бүс нутгийн иж бүрэн түншлэлийн хэлэлцээрт Монгол Улс нэгдсэнээр бий болох эдийн засгийн үр нөлөөний үнэлгээ хийх дотоодын зөвлөх үйлчилгээ
CS-2-24/21 Зөвлөх үйлчилгээний зар (хугацаа сунгасан) - Гадаад орнуудад зохион байгуулагддаг томоохон экспо, үзэсгэлэн яармагт оролцох ААН-д дэмжлэг үзүүлэх заавар боловсруулах дотоодын зөвлөх сонгон шалгаруулж авна.
CS-49-2/21 Vacancy notice - International consultant for export marketing training
EDP/PIS/38 Дэмпингийн эсрэг арга хэмжээ, нөхөн тэгшитгэх арга хэмжээний тухай хуулийн төслийг холбогдох баримт бичиг, судалгааны хамтаар бэлтгэх зөвлөх
EDP/PIS/37 Ази, Номхон далайн худалдааны хэлэлцээрийн хүрээнд явж буй 5 дугаар үе шатны хэлэлцээнд оролцох Монгол Улсын байр суурийн талаар санал боловсруулах зөвлөх үйлчилгээ