Дуусах огноо: 2021-09-27 17:30:00
Зарласан огноо: 2021-09-14
Mongolia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance the implementation of the Export Development Project (EDP). The objective of the project is to support Mongolian SMEs in the non-mining sectors to strengthen their export capabilities and expand their access to export market. Under the Project, The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry is seeking to recruit the qualified national individual to carry out following duties for the Project.
CS-2-14/21: THE NATIONAL CONSULTANCY TO SUPPORT TO THE GOVERNMENT OF MONGOLIA ON THE 5TH ROUND OF NEGOTIATIONS ON THE ASIA-PACIFIC TRADE AGREEMENT
I. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the assignment is to support the national trade negotiation team by developing possible negotiation scenarios and examining possible implications for Mongolia in areas such as tariffs, rules of origin, as well as trade facilitation, trade in services and investment promotion for the 5th round of negotiations between Mongolia and other 6 members of APTA.
II. SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will carry out the following tasks, but not limited to:
Task 1. Develop and provide a detailed analysis of scenarios for tariff reduction modalities for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members:
1.1 Develop national concession lists (according to HS classification) for each type tariff reduction modality;
1.2. Develop a List of special concessions (according to HS classification) of Mongolia to be offered to the least developed countries under the Agreement;
1.3. Facilitate private sector consultation on tariff reduction modalities;
1.4. Analysis to identify the impacts of different modalities of reducing tariffs between Mongolia and other APTA members on different sectors of the economy and under different possible scenarios using an Input-Output Model and a Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Model based on national statistics;
1.5. Analyze international best practice legal documents and processes;
1.6. Make policy analysis and write a report.
Task 2. Develop and provide a recommendation on the Rules of Origin negotiations for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members:
2.1. Develop guidelines for rules of origin for products of primary export interest;
2.2. Develop guidelines for rules of origin for sensitive national products;
2.3. Develop guidelines for negotiating sectoral rules of origin;
2.4. Analyze international best practice legal documents and processes;
2.5. Make policy analysis and write a report.
Task 3. Develop and submit a recommendation on the trade facilitation negotiations for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members:
3.1. Develop a draft national trade facilitation work plan/actions under Framework Agreement on Trade Facilitation (FATF); align the work plan with the national work plan for trade facilitation in accordance with the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement;
3.2. Develop recommendations on proposals for new elements to update the Framework Agreement on Trade Facilitation submitted by some members;
3.3. Develop recommendations on Mongolia's proposals for new elements to update the Framework Agreement on Trade Facilitation;
3.4. Develop recommendations on potential areas for capacity building and pilot projects;
3.5. Assess the impact of this agreement for Mongolia;
3.6. Analyze international best practice legal documents and processes;
3.7. Make policy analysis and write a report.
Task 4. Develop and submit a recommendation on the trade in services negotiations for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members:
4.1. Develop recommendations for a draft national position paper on trade in services;
4.2. Develop recommendations for a national position on the work programme of the negotiations;
4.3. Develop recommendations on proposals for draft text on services liberalization;
4.4. Develop recommendations on potential areas for capacity building and pilot projects;
4.5. Assess the impact of this agreement for Mongolia;
4.6. Analyze international best practice legal documents and processes;
4.7. Make policy analysis and write a report.
Task 5. Develop and submit a recommendation on the investment negotiations for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members:
5.1. Review the current text of the Framework Agreement on Investment (FAI) and submit proposals for possible amendments;
5.2. Develop a national investment approval/registration process flowchart and investment incentive regime information for submission to APTA members;
5.3. Develop recommendations for concluding/expanding double taxation treaties under APTA or FAI;
5.4. Assess the impact of this agreement for Mongolia;
5.5. Analyze international best practice legal documents and processes;
5.6. Make policy analysis and write a report.
Stakeholder roundtable meeting will require decision making officials or experts from following organizations:
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry
• Ministry of Finance
• Customs General Administration
• National Statistics Office
• Bank of Mongolia
• National Security Council
• National Development Agency
• Financial Regulatory Commission
• Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• National University of Mongolia
• PIU team representatives (1-2)
Based on the contracted assignments and detailed contract implementation plan approved by the Client, the International Individual Consultant shall submit the following deliverables. All deliverables will be subject to review and approval of PIU, MOFALI and MFA:
I. Detailed work plan, study methodology and data collection;
II. Detailed analysis of scenarios for tariff reduction modalities for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members;
III. Recommendation on the Rules of Origin negotiations for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members;
IV. Recommendation on the trade facilitation negotiations for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members;
V. Recommendation on the trade in services negotiations for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members;
VI. Recommendation on the investment negotiations for the 5th round of negotiations among APTA members
VII. Final report
- Final presentation for the stakeholders;
- Any other final deliverables required in the detailed work plan;
- Roundtable discussion review with the stakeholders;
- Roundtable discussion memo.
IV. CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The consultant shall have the following professional competencies and experience:
• Education: Master’s or higher degree in a relevant discipline – e.g. international trade, economics and international relations.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in research and analytical work in the area of international trade, development economics, international relations or related areas;
- At least 3 year of work experience with relevant government bodies (MFA, Customs, Statistics) on FTA or bilateral agreements;
- At least 3 years of technical experience in development of the country specific and regional computable general equilibrium and econometric models in trade analysis;
- Proficiency in GAMS language and modelling experience with GTAP datasets;
- Proven research and publication in international trade, economy and investment;
- Demonstration of previous knowledge and experience in providing consulting services in relevant fields, and provide 2 quality acceptance letters/reference letters issued by the previous client (contract or description, price, start and end dates, contact person on behalf of the client, phone number, etc.)
- Technical and legal trainings on international trade, WTO agreements, or relevant fields;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to dialogue with diverse stakeholders to create consensus around issues and capable of working in public service environments;
- Proven competence to make concise reports and presentations.
• Language skills:
- Fluency in English language;
• Other skills:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal/communication, presentation and written skills;
- Sound work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and exceptional client service;
- Ability to structure and manage intensive workloads;
- Ability to utilize proven and industry recognized methodologies in analyzing and re-designing business process and related regulations;
- Excellent public speaking and advocacy skills.
V. CONTRACT DURATION
The consultant is expected to commence working effective from September on a full-time basis. The duration of the assignment is 9 months.
The above consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014). If you possess the above qualifications, please submit following documents:
1. Cover letter in MONGOLIAN indicating why you consider yourself suitable for the position,
2. Detailed CV in MONGOLIAN highlighting relevant skills/experience,
3. Copy of diplomas or certificates
4. 2 reference letters from last two employers
5. Checklist of i) compliance to Section 4: Consultant’s qualification requirements all the requirements, ii) your strengths and iii) your weaknesses Template for the checklist can be provided to the applicant upon request to email@example.com.
All of above five documents will be submitted in a sealed envelope to the below address, no later than September 27, 2021, 17:30 hours. Incomplete applications may not be considered and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
Attn: Ms. Delgermaa S.
Floor 6, Room 605, the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry
Government Building 9a, Enkhtaivan Avenue 16a, Ulaanbaatar-13381, Mongolia, Phone: 51-261908
(please send your application to all email addresses by combining all documents into one PDF file)
|1.||Ази, Номхон далайн худалдааны хэлэлцээрийн хүрээнд явж буй 5 дугаар үе шатны хэлэлцээнд оролцох Монгол Улсын байр суурийн талаар санал боловсруулах зөвлөх үйлчилгээ|
CS-2-12/21 International consultant to undertake market intelligence studies for specific market segments such as Adventure tourism (for backpacker/over-lander markets, EU market, USA market, Asian markets) and recommend potential tourism products
CS-2-15/21 Бүс нутгийн иж бүрэн түншлэлийн хэлэлцээрт Монгол Улс нэгдсэнээр бий болох эдийн засгийн үр нөлөөний үнэлгээ хийх дотоодын зөвлөх үйлчилгээ
CS-2-24/21 Зөвлөх үйлчилгээний зар (хугацаа сунгасан) - Гадаад орнуудад зохион байгуулагддаг томоохон экспо, үзэсгэлэн яармагт оролцох ААН-д дэмжлэг үзүүлэх заавар боловсруулах дотоодын зөвлөх сонгон шалгаруулж авна.
CS-49-2/21 Vacancy notice - International consultant for export marketing training
EDP/PIS/38 Дэмпингийн эсрэг арга хэмжээ, нөхөн тэгшитгэх арга хэмжээний тухай хуулийн төслийг холбогдох баримт бичиг, судалгааны хамтаар бэлтгэх зөвлөх
EDP/PIS/37 Ази, Номхон далайн худалдааны хэлэлцээрийн хүрээнд явж буй 5 дугаар үе шатны хэлэлцээнд оролцох Монгол Улсын байр суурийн талаар санал боловсруулах зөвлөх үйлчилгээ